Lava Computer Parallel-pciReviews
- Easy Plug and Play installation - automatically selects next available IRQ address
- Software configurable for standard ISA LPT (0278h and 0378h) addresses
- Adds one PCI bus 25-pin Enhanced Parallel Port (EPP) to any PCI-equipped PC.
- Backwards compatible with legacy parallel port peripherals
- Up to 3x FASTER than standard ISA or motherboard EPP ports - supports transfer rates of up to 4. 5 Mbps.
The Lava Computer Parallel-PCI PCI Bus Enhanced Parallel Board, when it came to market, was the first PCI-bus parallel port board inside the planet. It is completely PCI compliant and takes advantage with each of the speed and easy configuration of the PCI bus. When it appeared, it practically tripled the speed benchmarks of ISA-bus parallel port cards, too as offered greater flexibility of configuration. Users were no longer restricted to the three standard parallel port addresses: the Parallel-PCI would automatically select a totally free address and IRQ all through installation, virtually eliminating user error and resource conflicts.
The Parallel-PCI's strength lies in its Moko S-1 ASIC (application-specific integrated circuit ). This chip consolidates a number of separate components into one chip, and is only available on Lava products. This adds effectiveness in manufacture, and a lot more importantly, virtually eliminates any possibility of component failure. It is as significantly as 3 instances more rapidly than common ISA or motherboard EPP ports and supports transfer rates of as much as 4. 5 MB per second.
Initially, this break-through Lava-designed integrated circuit was created for the Parallel-PCI. Lava also gives a lifetime warranty. The Moko S-1 has been since incorporated into very several other Lava I/O products and is an ideal interface for parallel port devices, for instance scanners, laser printers and external CD drives.
Copyright (c) 2018 - Parallel Port Cards